مشاهدة 9 مشاركات - 1 إلى 9 (من مجموع 9)
  • الكاتب
    المشاركات
    الصمت
    مشارك

Since its 4:37 am..so good morning everyone…hope your all doing fine. Today..i would like to add another story –a bit long- which was a mini project back at Univ. In a course called The Novel. The assignment was to write a story which include a wedding in it, and then a story that continue after the wedding or so – in this story its an engagement party-. One of the important elements in this story are the details..am sure u will notice..and the turning point as well. It’s a mix of fiction and nonfiction…am gonna tell you later the fiction and the nonfiction parts…. by the way I got A on this one lol. Its called “Her Own Moments” I will add a part now…and if anyone interested in reading more..just tell me, if not…I wont add if non will read it.!

“ Tomorrow is the day,” said my sister smiling with a worried look on her face.

That was on Wednesday three weeks ago, her engagement party was going to be on the next day. She kept thinking of how the engagement party will be and how she will look. She wanted everything to be perfect, she thought of every single detail or problem that might happen that night. Sometimes she made me laugh at her, because of the things she said and worried about.

“ You are funny you know that? Stop being worried and everything is going to be just fine,” I said

“ I may sound funny, but its not like I’ve been through all this before, I’m getting married you know. I’m going to sit near to the person who’s going to be my husband” she replied to me “ I wonder what he is going to say about my looks” she continued.

Oh god, here she go again she started a new topic now, but I didn’t blame her she was right. Its really isn’t something we go through everyday, it happens once in our life I guess.

The next day came and everybody was busy to get ready. I and two of my sisters came back from the beauty saloon at about seven pm. Not much people were there yet, but I knew that they will start coming to our house by 7:30 or 8 pm. There were some workers from the restaurant arranging the round table and the chairs outside. The tablecloth was red and white, and the chairs were red with golden edges. I had a look from the window of my room and everything looked nice. The image of the table arranged in a way that it wont be difficult for the guest to walk between them made me relax. The air smelt of delicious food, you can imagine different meals when you smell the air at the time. From the smell that reached my nose, I knew that there is rice cooked with different spices which was my favorite meal. There were two big black headphones playing loud music, Gulf, Egyptian, Iraqi and some other songs too.

“ The neighbors might complain about the noise,” I thought

My sister arrived at about 8:30 pm; she had to walk in the living room, which was so crowded. I was thinking that this engagement party was supposed to be a small one, not a party for the whole town. Mum, who invited all these people, was standing in the left side of the living room carrying lots of perfumes in her hand. The rooms smelt of different perfumes, old traditional perfumes and modern ones too.

Before having dinner, the guests were surprised by the gifts they had. My little sisters were carrying big baskets, which had lots of things to give to the guests. Two of the baskets were full of small presents, another two baskets were full of chocolates. The last two baskets were full of beautiful red roses with a 20Dh tie on each rose.

After all the guests finished having dinner it was time for the bride to walk in front of them to reach the room she is going to sit in with her husband. She looked beautiful in her navy dress. I remember her saying this color will not look good on her, but she was wrong. Her hairstyle was nice too it suited her face and made her look gorgeous.

When I saw her walking slowly so that the guests can see her clearly I felt happy for her. She is my older sister; I was wondering how she was feeling right that moment while everybody was staring at her. I wondered what will be the first thing she would think of with the arrival of her future husband who she didn’t see before. She looked nervous, but she looked beautiful as well. She reached the room; where she was suppose to sit in with the groom. The room wasn’t that crowded, most of the women who were in the room were the groom’s sisters and some of my sisters as well. At that time, they were playing a special song, which the bride chose. While she was sitting on the sofa, she was looking around smiling at people, trying to recognize others who she does not know. The camerawomen was taking pictures of the bride from different angles. The groom wasn’t there yet; his sister said he will arrive in about ten minutes.

The moment of his arrival came; my other sister was getting ready to play a special song too. The song is an Arabic one called “Taj Rassi”. The bride chose it to be played with the arrival of her future husband. The bride stood up, because the groom was going to enter soon. She was holding beige round bouquet of roses and she was looking down waiting for her husband. The groom’s sister held a big red box on the shape of heart with her other sister helping her to put it in front of the sofa. When the groom’s sister opened the big box, all the eyes were looking straight into it wondering what could be inside. It was a box with four big nickels, one was diamond and the other three were made of white gold. There was also the two rings for both of them and a watch of white gold for the bride.

I was standing in the right corner of the room looking at the door waiting for the groom to enter and looking at the bride. At the moment he entered the room I froze, watching that person smiling walking toward my sister. Thoughts were going fast in my mind. I felt that I was standing in a round dark room with the image of that guy, who just entered, breaking in pieces.

“ What brought him here?!” I thought “ This can not happen to me” I said to myself.

as i said its a bit long, and by the way in this part you can notice the way that some stories are represented through specific details…can you tell me any details you noticed? And yeah….if you are still interested in reading more of the story please tell me.

سكر زياده
    مشارك

im intersted…..
    you’re talented that was good enough
    lets have the rest of it

الصمت
    مشارك

thanks dreamy eyes…am glad that someone read that part…am gonna add more soon..its not like the story isn’t ready…it is ready…but i wonna hear more about the details you noticed in this part? if you and the others dont mind

سكر زياده
    مشارك

all i can say
    You are so good at writing,

I loved it, great choice of words
    your story is so exciting
    cuz it reminded of my sister’s wedding last year
    i feel like im the gurl whos standin in the right corner lookin at her sister
    that gurl is so like me
    thats why i wanna know more about it

الصمت
    مشارك

thanks dreamy eyes….well am adding more now…enjoy it

There he was the guy I saw for the first time in the shopping mall, while I was walking with my brother buying some things for the house. I didn’t notice him first, but I am sure he had my attention the second time I saw him. I didn’t think that I will see him again, but the second time was when I was entering my grandmother’s house. My grandmother was sitting in the living room watching a religious program on T.V. I greeted her and then I headed to the next room which belonged to my uncle who was twenty one years old working in the marine force. His work doesn’t allow him to come and visit us that much. He only comes back home in the weekend. While I entered his room, there was some one sitting on the table reading a book I recognized from the first moment of entering the room. I was the one who chose the book and bought it especially for him, because it was his birthday. My uncle, or who I thought was my uncle, was facing the wall concentrating on the book. He didn’t notice me when I entered the room and I was glad that he didn’t.

“Happy birthday to you” I started singing “happy birthday to you, happy birthday to my sweet uncle, happy birthday to you” I ended my singing while I did it in a funny way.

The guy, who I thought was my uncle, turned to me with a smile upon his face. Right at that moment I didn’t know what to do or even what to say, I just opened my mouth to say one word;

“Sorry” I said while I turned back and went out of the room.

It was the most embarrassing moment I have been through for all my life. I didn’t know what to think of while going back to the living room. I didn’t know who he was or even what was his name, but I knew for sure that he is the same guy who was looking at me in the shopping mall. I didn’t tell my grandmother about it or even my uncle who came and sat in the living room in a about a minute. He was happy to see me, and he said that he liked the book I brought to him.

“ Oh, by the way don’t go to my room, because I’ve got a visitor” he said looking at me “ I know you want to see the new books I brought, but that will be later ok?” he continued.

“Too late for telling me that” I thought to myself.

I didn’t dare to ask my uncle about him, and I guessed that that guy didn’t tell him about what happened this morning. Like every week, I stay in my grandmother’s house for the weekend. I didn’t see that guy again on that day, but I heard him talking with my uncle when I passed by my uncle’s room going out to the kitchen to help my grandmother.

After I woke up the next morning, I went to the living room to have breakfast with my grandmother. She was there sitting alone, having a peace of bread with cheese.

“ Good morning grandma, how are you feeling today” I asked.

“ I’m fine, come on” she said “ have your breakfast you are late in waking up today”

“ Where is my uncle? Aren’t he going to have breakfast with us today?” I asked her

“ He went out with his friend to buy some things for the kitchen” she said while turning on the T.V

Two hours passed since we had breakfast. I was still in the living room reading the newspaper while my grandmother was on the phone talking to my mum. A minute later my uncle entered the room carrying lots of bags with him. Then he looked at me and said;

“ There she is Khalid, tell her about the book she brought to me” he said “ You know, I mean the book you were reading last night” he said still looking at me.

At the beginning I didn’t know what did he mean, or why he was telling me that. Just after my uncle entered the living room, his friend entered after him. Then I understood what my uncle’s was saying. He was talking to his friend, asking him to tell me about the book.

“His name is Khalid” I said to myself while looking down to the newspaper not wanting to look up

Of course he didn’t do that, he just smiled passing the living room not wanting to bother us.

I didn’t know what to do, I was still looking at the newspaper not concentrating on any headline at all

That mysteries guy who had a beautiful smile was standing now near to my sister. He didn’t change that much, but I thought that there was something wrong. I lost the sense of hearing, I couldn’t hear any of the songs they were playing. After standing there feeling lost, not knowing why exactly, I left the room.

thats all for now…or what do you think?

سكر زياده
    مشارك

wow that was a good 1 too
    is there more????

الصمت
    مشارك

It was 10 pm when the guest started leaving our house. They were smiling greeting my mother before leaving. I was standing in the living room with my cosine. She was asking me about the university and how was my study going, but I wasn’t really hearing her. I wasn’t in a mood for having any conversation now. I heard some one calling me from the other room. I entered the room and it was my uncle talking to my mother.

“ Come with me” he said. “ I want to tell you something” my uncle continued

“ Not now” I said “ the guests are leaving some one should stand outside before they go” I said in a hurry wanting to leave the room.

“ It’s ok, never mind about that, come with me someone wants to see you” he said

I didn’t know what did he mean or who wanted to see me, all what I knew that I wanted this night to end soon. He held my hand and walked heading outside the room. He entered the outside room of our house. The room which was supposed to be for the men guests. I didn’t understand why he was taking me to that room, and who will be that person. He entered the room, and I entered after him. I was shocked, of what I saw. Khalid, my sister’s future husband, was standing there and no body with him.

“ Remember Khalid?” my uncle asked me. “ He wanted to see you, it’s been a long time since he last visited us at our home”

I was out of words not knowing what to do. I didn’t understand what was going on, or why my uncle brought me here. Khalid was looking at me, waiting for me to talk or at lest to say hello, but I didn’t.

“ They look a like right?” said my uncle.

“ What do you mean they look a like?” I finally said not understanding anything

“ Khalid and your sister’s husband” he said “ didn’t you notice? It’s amazing how twins can be” he said.

“ Twins!” I thought with a surprise look on my face

“ Well, Khalid wanted to see you today” said my uncle “ he wanted to do that long time a go, but I told him its better to wait till after your sister’s engagement party and there he is”

I was quite, I finally understood.

“ Hi Khalid” I said smiling to him.

“ I told your mother about it, and she said ask her” my uncle said “ And by the way, he want to get married soon” said my uncle

The day of my sister’s engagement party was the day Khalid asked me to marry him. A memory will last forever.

taraaaaa….THE END

Who wonna know what was the fiction and the non-fiction parts in the story? LOL

dreamy eyes…thanks again for showing interest

Ruby
    مشارك

Great story! Sorry I haven’t been able to read it sooner for I’m experiencing some problems with my computer.
    I like the way you’re dealing with the specific details. But personally I’ll hate to see this story end in a sad way. Please let it have a happy ending “they lived happily ever after.”

الصمت
    مشارك

good morning Ruby…hope your doing fine….well umm that was the end…i guess it was a happy ending after all….as for me i dont like to write about happy stuff lol ..umm dont know..i like dark stuff more…oh well thanks again for your nice comments

مشاهدة 9 مشاركات - 1 إلى 9 (من مجموع 9)
  • يجب تسجيل الدخول للرد على هذا الموضوع.

يستخدم موقع مجالسنا ملفات تعريف الارتباط الكوكيز لتحسين تجربتك في التصفح. سنفترض أنك موافق على هذا الإجراء، وفي حالة إنك لا ترغب في الوصول إلى تلك البيانات ، يمكنك إلغاء الاشتراك وترك الموقع فوراً . موافق إقرأ المزيد